* This graph is based on actual credited rates for the period shown on the index annuity product. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Please call your First Fidelity America Advisor for new product information.
**Check our disclosure for additional information.
Fixed Index Annuities are not a direct investment in the stock market. They are long term insurance products with guarantees backed by the issuing company. This example is reflective of interest credited to our Annual Point-to-Point contracts that were in force during this time. It demonstrates the benefit of an annual reset feature and also shows the Minimum Guaranteed Cash Value. While in this specific example for this time period and product, the accumulation value appears favorable when viewed with performance of the S&P 500® Index, in many scenarios this will not be the case. Fixed Index Annuities are not designed to compete with and should not be compared to a security or a direct investment in an Index fund. These results are not an indication that Fixed Index Annuities will outperform the S&P 500®. It is important to understand that the index credits for an FIA will not mirror the applicable index returns. FIAs do not include dividends for the applicable indices.This example should not be viewed as an illustration or a prediction of future performance or future index credited within any of our FIAs.
Fixed Index Annuity with Annual Reset Design
As you can see in the chart, the Annual Point-to-Point accomplished growth due to the annual reset design. It offers growth opportunities in years when the S&P 500® has positive returns and protects against loss of premium or previously credited interest in years of negative returns.
The Annual Point-to-Point applies an Index Cap Rate, or upper limit, to calculate the index credits each year. The Index Cap Rate will always be declared on the contract anniversary and guaranteed for that year.
The Annual Point-to-Point is not an investment. Rather fixed index annuities can provide powerful insurance benefits, such as:
• Protection Against Market Losses
• Guarantee of Premium;
• Annual Reset;
• Minimum Guaranteed Cash Value (if applicable);
• Tax-Deferred Growth;1
• Guaranteed Lifetime Income; and
• The Potential to Avoid Probate in some states.
The Annual Point-to-Point fixed index annuity is not available for new sales. Renewal Premiums into existing Annual Point-to-Point fixed index annuities can be accepted. As mentioned before, while the accumulation value in this example appears favorable when viewed with performance of the S&P 500® Index, these results are not an indication that Fixed Index Annuities will outperform the S&P 500®.
1. Under current law, annuities grow tax-deferred. An annuity is not required for tax-deferral in qualified plans. Annuities may be subject to taxation during the income or withdrawal phase. Please note that neither First Fidelity America, nor any agents acting on its behalf, should be viewed as providing legal, tax or investment advice. Consult with and rely on your own qualified advisor.
The “S&P 500®”, “S&P MidCap 400®” and “DJIA®” Indices (“Indices”)” are products of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC or its affiliates (“SPDJI”) and have been licensed for use by First Fidelity America, Standard & Poor’s® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (“Dow Jones”); and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by the Company. The Annuity is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, or their respective affiliates and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s) nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the Indices.